Call Helpline : +919953833355
WhatsAPP : +91-8287329115
Email :
Subscribe On   

Domestic Violence and Maintenance against husband and In-Laws

I filed a Domestic Violence case against my husband and In-law. The court ordered for maintenance but meanwhile the case is pending my husband expired. Will i get any relief including maintenance from my In-Laws?

Asked By : Shivani

Answers (1)

yes can claim maintenance from her in laws under Hindu adoption and maintenance act under relevant provisions of law.

Answers (2)

If you and your husband lives in a joint family than you can claim maintenance from your in laws after the death of your husband in your case or you can claim share in the property of your husband on behalf of your husband.

Answers (3)

Yes can claim maintenance from her in law in law under Hindu adoption and 125 cr.p.c and also claim Monterey relief from in law

Answers (4)

For getting a relief from Father in law a separate application under section 19 of the Hindu Adoptions and Maintenance act 1956 need to be filed by the wife if Hindu.

Answers (5)

yes,you can claim maintenance from your in laws (father in law /mother in law) under relevant provisions of law.

Similar questions

Can the wife still file a complaint for cruelty against the husband despite having lived normally after the incident happened?

Read More

Are women in Live-in-relationship protected under Domestic Violence Act in India?

Read More

Can a husband file Domestic Violence case against his wife?

Read More

hello ma'am/sir My marriage was solemnized in 2013. Few months after marriage my husband started misbehaving with me and was torturing me along with his parents. Now he is continuously forcing me to leave the matrimonial house. What are the remedies that I can use?

Read More

I am a 28 years old married woman. My marriage was solemnized in the year of 2016. I have a one year old baby boy. My husband and In-laws wants to kick me out of the matrimonial house , they are continuously torturing me and giving me mental as well as physical abuse. please suggest some legal actions I can take against them.

Read More

Is there any way that I can stop my in-laws from coming into my house where I live with my husband?

Read More

Can the Domestic Violence laws be applied to LGBT community in India?

Read More

Is there a difference between the violence committed on women at home, on the streets and at the workplace?

Read More

My husband takes away all my salary and gives me a meager 500 for personal expenses and even after asking him for money he refuses, how can I ensure he does not take my money?

Read More

Is there any difference between 498a and domestic violence case?

Read More